Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Passion

I have always loved anything involving fashion. When I was younger, I wanted to be a fashion designer. As I got older, I realized that I needed to have a back up plan, so I majored in Agricultural Economics and will be getting my degree in May 2012. All through the years, however, doing something in the fashion world has always been a burning passion of mine. One day, back in November, I was introduced to Etsy by one of my friends who sells her beautiful handmade stone jewelry there (by the way, check her out:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/Beautifulelements). Etsy is a website that specializes in sellers that sell handmade goods. Anywho, a few days after she showed me the website, I decided to look for a pair of crystallized heels to wear to a All Black Party. I came across a pair that were a little out of my price range, but after studying the shoe, I realized that I could do it myself. Not only was I going to start crystallizing shoes myself, but I was also going to sell them. I feel that everybody deserves to have that one signature pair of shoes that makes them feel so special at half or even a quarter of the price that others decide to sell them for. So, a week later I finished my first pair of shoes (pictured below).
Since this the completion of this pair of shoes, I have expanded my business to not only include crystallized heels, but phone cases, evening clutches, jewelry, or anything else you would like to have crystallized! Below I have attached a few images to give you a taste of my work!






No comments:

Post a Comment